Interactive, Accessible 3D Visualisations.
Autodesk® Showcase® 3D visualisation software offers product designers, engineers and marketing professionals the ability to transform digital prototypes into highly realistic imagery and immersive, interactive presentations. You can evaluate designs in detail and in context, explore alternatives in real time and communicate the story of your design – all with ease. Showcase eliminates the need for physical prototypes to convey design intent, enabling more economical, efficient review processes in which teams can make better informed decisions.
- Simplified data preparation – Native support for Autodesk® Inventor® and Autodesk® Alias® software files – and streamlined interoperability with Autodesk® Moldflow® products and certain third-party CAD software – can save time and limit rework when creating high-quality 3D visualisations.
- Design storytelling – Storyboarding and presentation tools enable you to tell a product design story vividly through cinematic-quality imagery and effects. Stakeholders can explore and interact with digital models in real time.
- Informed decision making – Convey real-world materials, lighting and environments more accurately. Change design geometry and positioning in real time. Visualise effects of the manufacturing process to optimise a design’s appearance.
Recommended Minimum System Requirements
The 32-bit version of Showcase 2011 software is supported by any of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (SP3 or higher) operating system
- Microsoft® Windows Vista® Business (SP2 or higher) operating system
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 Professional operating system
The 64-bit version of Showcase 2011 software is supported by any of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional x64 (SP2 or higher) operating system
- Microsoft® Windows Vista® Business x64 (SP2 or higher) operating system
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 Professional x64 operating system
- 2.4 GHz Intel® or equivalent AMD® processor
- 2 GB system RAM
- Certified NVIDIA® or ATI™ graphics card with at least 512 MB graphics memory
- Intel® Pentium® 4; 4-core 2.8 GHz processor; or equivalent AMD processor
- 4 GB or more system RAM with Windows XP x64 Edition or Windows Vista 64-bit
- Certified NVIDIA or ATI graphics card with at least 768 MB graphics memory
Supported Graphics Cards
ATI Radeon™ and ATI FirePro™ graphics cards, as well as NVIDIA® Quadro® FX and NVIDIA® GeForce® graphics cards released after 2007 that include the 7, 8, or 9 series graphics chipset. Graphics cards must have a minimum 512 MB graphics memory. More memory is recommended on Windows Vista or for users working with large data sets or complex scenes.
Graphics cards include:
- 7 series: Quadro FX 4500, GeForce 7900GTX, Mobile FX 2500M
- 8 series: Quadro FX 1700, Quadro FX 4600, GeForce 8800 GTS, Mobile FX 1600M
- 9 series: Quadro FX 3700, Quadro FX 5800, GeForce 9600 GT, Mobile FX 3600M
- Quadro Plex Model II and Model D2 are also supported.
- ATI Radeon 4830 and 4850
- ATI FirePro 5700, 7750, 8700 and 8750