EMC Isilon S-Series Platform Node
Purpose-built for IOPS-Intensive Applications
The Isilon S-Series Platform, built on Isilon's proven scale-out technology, accelerates business and increases speed-to-market with ultra-fast primary storage for mission critical, high transactional, and random access file-based applications.
The Isilon S-Series surpasses the limits of traditional primary file storage, delivering over 1.4 million IOPS and 85 gigabytes per second (GBps) of aggregate throughput, all from a single file system.
- With intelligent use of SSDs for metadata and file-based storage workflows, the S-Series delivers high performance to accelerate namespace-intensive metadata operations, and, also, provides an ability to place the mission critical, latency-sensitive data on SSDs in a SmartPools™ environment.
- Up to 13.8 TB of globally coherent cache.
- Enterprise class 10,000 RPM 2.5-inch SAS drives, Quad 1GbE or dual 1GbE and dual 10GbE front-end networking, dual quad-core Intel CPUs with a high-performance InfiniBand back-end
Simplicity and Ease of Use
You can install, configure and have an Isilon S-Series cluster online in under 10 minutes, without specialized services or certifications.
- Single file system and single global namespace.
- 60-second on-the-fly scaling of capacity and performance.
- Up to N+4 on-the-fly data protection, set at the cluster, directory, or file level.
With impressive performance benchmarks, the Isilon S-Series affords the best dollar per I/O solution available.
- High utilization rates of 80% means more storage with fewer spindles, reducing capital outlay and increased storage efficiency.
- Single file system and simple architecture can be managed by a single FTE.
Isilon's Scale-out Storage Platform, powered by the OneFS® operating system, combines a robust suite of management applications and industry-standard, enterprise-class hardware to deliver meaningful and sustainable productivity enhancements.