Icona Solutions aesthetica
What is aesthetica?
aesthetica is a unique and innovative software solution for auditing and improving the perceived quality of manufactured products. Typical products include passenger cars, trucks and buses, heavy-duty and off-road vehicles and consumer goods, including domestic electrical appliances and consumer electronic devices. aesthetica enables:
Key capabilities of aesthetica
aesthetica simulates the variation of parts and assemblies during the manufacturing process, including form, profile and part deformation. The variation is applied directly to the parts, changing their shape and position, and presented as an accurate interactive 3D visualisation of the product, allowing you to see precisely how your produce will look to the customer at the end of the manufacturing process. aesthetica can simulate the appearance of worst or best case scenarios, and every possible variation in-between.
aesthetica is used during all stages of the product development process - from concept through engineering, to production and improvement. Then main benefits include:
- Significantly improves understanding of the impact that variation will have on the perceived quality of the product
- Facilitates interactive perceived quality reviews and customer clinics to identify, prioritize and resolve perceived quality issues early in the product development process, when the cost of change is lower
- Reduces the need for physical prototypes
- Reduces risk, time and costs through the early identification of perceived quality issues
- Avoids the need for pre- and post-production rectification
Note: The variation shown in the images on this page are for illustrative purposes only and do not represent the actual variation on the real products featured in the images. The actual variation cannot be shown for reasons of confidentiality.