SensAble ClayTools® System
Sculptural Modeling for Digital Content Creation & Fine Arts
The ClayTools system delivers unparalleled modeling speed and creative expression, and is ideal for sculptural modeling of complex, organic shapes for digital content creation and fine arts such as sculpture and portions of jewelry design.
- Model in a faster, unconstrained, and more flexible way
- Produce highly detailed models for game characters, props, and scenery
- Add organic detailing and texturing to jewelry designs
- Use with 3ds Max®, Maya®, Rhino™, and other design applications that support .stl and .obj I/O
- Add sculptural details, handcrafted modifications, and embossed textures to existing models
- Create texture maps from high-res, detailed models to apply to optimized poly models for games, videos, and films
- Gain the benefits of digital modeling - create multiple versions, duplicate handcrafted modifications, and create and use a library of parts
- Output for Rapid Prototyping or casting
- Expand your existing design and modeling workflows
- Allows Texture baking at blazing fast speed.
- Provides stunning visual content for real-time rendering and fast, high-detail, off-line rendering
- Supports multiple map types (normal, height, color, and occlusion) for next-generation games, film, and design production pipelines
- Large models - supports pieces each with over 20 million triangles
- Streamlined - no need to decimate or export dense models to 3ds Max, Maya, and other animation packages
- Quick iterations - maximize creativity and refine the final textured model without preprocessing steps
The ClayTools system includes the PHANTOM Omni haptic device-a true 3D interface with force feedback that enables you to use your sense of touch to create virtual clay models. This natural and direct way of working makes the ClayTools system easy to learn, and users typically become productive within a few days.