The latest Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE CATIA release delivers multiple enhancements for those working in Design, Engineering, Systems Engineering, as well as Construction Professionals. This release also comes with a few new upgrades which are available to all users, no matter which discipline they are using.
Overview of updates:
- Everyone: New functionality for the 3D Generative Innovator Role and 3DPlay.
- Designers: This release sees a new Human Experience Design role, which expands on the use of virtual humans beyond specialist studies. There are also a few upgrades to CATIA Natural Sketch and ICEM Design Experience.
- Engineers: The CATIA R2020x release sees the new Multi-Disciplines Automated Drafter role extend CATIA Drafting capabilities as well as the Function Driven Generative Designer and Mechanism Simulation Designer receiving performance, property and function enhancements.
- Systems Engineers: R2020x introduces Systems Synthesis Analyst which addresses all users in a program, who can now review and analyse traceability. This connects seamlessly to the new CATIA Magic Portfolio.
- Construction Professionals: The 3DEXPERIENCE CATIA R2020x provides a range of advanced capabilities for steel structures, linear infrastructure design, facade design and IFC interoperability.
On top of these upgrades for the specific disciplines, there have been a few enhancements that are available to all 3DEXPERIENCE CATIA R2020x users. These upgrades are to enable increased creative exploration, with the introduction to the 3D Generative Innovator Role as well as an update to 3DPlay.
3D Generative Innovator
The 3D Generative Innovator role delivers a generative modelling environment on-the-cloud. This role uniquely combines graphical visual scripting and interactive 3D-modeling. The intuitive and smart approach of the 3D Generative Innovator role allows creative people in Architecture, Design/Styling and Engineering to quickly design, explore and validate variations of intricate, repetitive and non-regular shapes and patterns. All created geometry is available to be used in the world of detailed design and manufacture through the rich portfolio of roles on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
The 3DEXPERIENCE CATIA 2020x release expands the power of the solution; here are some of the main updates:
- This release sees the introduction of seven new sophisticated and powerful operators allowing better control of the data inside the graph. These give the designer more choice and flexibility in the selection of design methods and increase creativity through multiple approaches to solving the design challenge.
- The user experience has been further enhanced and optimised for mobile/touch devices. For example, casual users on any mobile device can interact with the model and easily vary parameters using sliders.
- Users will now be able to model more quickly using the immersive search functionality within the graphical scripting interface. This enhanced functionality will reduce time spent clicking on icons and switching between tabs, automatically connecting nodes on the fly.
- For Advanced users, 3D Generative Innovator now includes the powerful Engineering Knowledge Language (EKL). EKL is a highly 3D-capable programming language which captures engineering knowledge. It simplifies the programmer’s interaction with 3D objects, automating 3D geometry creation.
- Programmers can re-use logic, create highly efficient algorithms, and integrate them into 3D Generative Innovator, thereby extending the capabilities of the role.
All 3DEXPERIENCE Platform users can now visualise Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) using the enhanced 3DPlay app. This makes the 3D Master definition of the product, including functional tolerances and annotations, available to all users without needing a specialist CAD tool. The results of interference simulations can now be visualised in 3DPlay, in addition to CATIA Composer assets.
All users who utilise the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform on the cloud received this upgrade with no additional implementation or installation costs. Once installed, the enhancements were ready to use immediately without a need for any configuration.
For more information about this release, or the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, please get in touch with the team on 02476 308 035 or alternatively, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.