Once you have received your license keys, you are ready to setup your license server and enrol your licenses. This quick guide will show you how to setup a single windows license server.
Download the latest DS License Server installation
1. Navigate to https://www.3ds.com/support/
2. Select ‘DOWNLOAD’
3. Scroll down on the next screen and select ‘License Server and Licence Keys’
4. Select the ‘DSLS R2019x Version 6.421 3*‘ link to obtain the installation files
(only users with a Support DS Passport can download DSLS)
6. Your .tar file will start to download
Installing the DS License Server
1. Extract the .tar file (Using 7Zip or similar)
2. Navigate to the ‘SetupDSLSmsi.exe‘ inside the extracted files and ‘run as administrator‘
3. Click ‘Next’
4. Choose your settings and click ‘Next‘ (the default installation folder is C:\Program Files\Dassault Systems\DS)
5. Click ‘Install‘ to install the DS License Server
6. Click ‘Finish‘ to exit the setup wizard
Configure the DS License Server
1. Open the ‘License Administration Tool‘ application
2. To create a new server click the ‘Servers‘ tab and click ‘New‘
3. Enter ‘localhost‘ as the server bane and click ‘Ok‘ to continue (if you chose a different port earlier, change the port to match)
4. Click the ‘Servers’ tab then click ‘Connect > localhost‘ to connect to the License Server
5. Once connected you can enrol your license key by clicking the ‘License‘ tab and then ‘Enrol‘
6. Locate the license key and select ‘Open‘
Congratulations your License Server is ready and your clients can now obtain a license.
Rob Jordan, Lead Data Management Consultant
Rob has over 10 years experience working in the IT, infrastructure and Data Management sector. Rob’s role since joining Majenta has been to manage the delivery of Data Management installations including pre-sales consultancy support (requirements capture and statement-of-work documentation) and post-sales execution (scheduling, installation, configuration and training) to ensure a smooth and efficient implementation.
For further support please contact us using the details below, providing as much information as possible.
Dassault Systèmes Majenta Solutions Helpdesk
+44 (0) 2476 308 035
Dassault Systèmes Majenta Solutions Team
+44 (0) 2476 308 030