This article will explain the Jaguar Land Rover Body-in-White Tooling Designer (JLR-CADBTD) 3DEXPERIENCE role, as well as the package that Majenta supply to support your onboarding and implementation but also, to help you get the most out of this investment.
As part of Jaguar Land Rover’s digital engineering strategy, suppliers will now be required to purchase their own 3DEXPERIENCE licences to deliver against specified programmes. Jaguar Land Rover has identified 3DEXPERIENCE licence roles for suppliers, and these have been tailored for suppliers working across the different systems e.g. Body in White, electrical, Powertrain and Chassis and more.
To help you identify the right package for your Jaguar Land Rover programme requirements, an interactive role finder tool is available in enerjyhub. If you are not currently subscribed to Jaguar Land Rover enerjyhub, please get in touch with the team.
Who is the Jaguar Land Rover Body-in-White Tooling Designer role for?
The Jaguar Land Rover 3DEXPERIENCE CAD Body-in-White Tooling Designer role is for any supplier who exchanges CAD Data with Jaguar Land Rover and provides all the tools necessary to login into the Jaguar Land Rover 3DEXPERIENCE platform. Once logged into the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, users can search for, and download, relevant data and collaborate with other team members. Further to the above, users of the JLR Supplier CAD Exchange can export data via 3DXML, IGES or STEP for use in downstream activities and systems. Also, the JLR-CADBTD package has a full set of CATIA authoring tools that enable users to fully design, document and annotate both simple and complex 3D parts and assemblies as well as BOM configuration.
What’s included in the Jaguar Land Rover Body-in-White Tooling Designer package?
This package consists of the following 3DEXPERIENCE products:
- Configuration Management (CFG)
- Change Management (CHG)
- Industry Innovation (CSV)
- Business Innovation (IFW)
- 3DMaster Conceptual Designer (M3C)
- 3DMaster Designer (M3D)
- Mechanical & Shape Designer (MES)
- Mechanism Simulation Designer (MKS)
- Plant Layout Designer (PLA)
- Shop Floor Equipment Engineer (EQE)
As well as the Jaguar Land Rover Body-in-White Tooling Designer Licence, the Majenta package includes:
- Support from a Majenta Technical Consultant to install the 3DEXPERIENCE Client
- Assistance to connect to the Jaguar Land Rover platform
- Optional Helpdesk Support once you start using 3DEXPERIENCE
- Optional CATIA 3DEXPERIENCE training
- Advice on Collaboration Methods so that you can work with your own Supply Chain
To access the remainder of this article, which covers each of the included 3DEXPERIENCE products in greater detail and will walk you through the tailored training package for this role, you can either: