The Jaguar Land Rover Global Supplier Integration Team, Powered by Majenta Solutions hosted the Annual Supplier Integration Strategy Event at the British Motor Museum, supported by Dassault Systèmes. We took the opportunity of having such influential leading industry experts and interviewed them to continue our Leadership Insight Series.
Our Senior Account Manager, Rashpal Mundi shares with us the challenges that suppliers are struggling with, the importance of collaboration, how OEMs can keep up with smaller, more agile companies and the services and solutions Dassault Systèmes offer to help ease the transition to digital.
Can you tell us about your role at Majenta?
- Senior Sales Account Manager for Dassault Systèmes products at Majenta
- Look after the significant accounts throughout the UK
What industries do you cover?
Visiting suppliers, what challenges have you recently seen?
- Suppliers are now looking to the future and how they can work better with their customers
- A Large push for suppliers to collaborate more
- Looking to provide a better customer experience
Why is collaboration so important than times like these?
- Getting to the market quicker
- Design faster
- Remove quality control issues
How do large OEMs keep up with smaller agile companies?
“This is a big challenge for legacy customers because they’re used to using applications on premise that they own, control and manage. There’s still a fear factor about sharing information on the cloud.”
*”We’ve just run a campaign around how we happily use the cloud for purchases, finance and banking so why not use it for our business. A number of them are putting their toe in the water by complimenting their legacy install base with applications available from Dassault that are on the cloud.”
To be more agile, how could OEMs communicate and work better with their supply chain?
“There’s a big move form OEMs being at arm’s length with their suppliers and supply chains to now being more engaged and educating them on the value of working better and closer with them.”
How can Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE platform help large OEMs?
- Can be customised to requirements
Dassault Systèmes have created initiatives such as social collaboration services, how do these help?
- Limited or no investment to gain access to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
- Access to the 3DEXPERIENCE Marketplace
- Build to print capabilities for rapid prototyping
- Remove any reservations companies and individuals may have about using a cloud platform
Dassault Systèmes took this one step further with PLM Collaboration Services, how does this benefit customers?
- Take away the pain of infrastructure
- An out of the box approach to software and training
- Build your own requirements profile