Jaguar Land Rover’s digitalisation strategy is overcoming long-standing industry issues by changing the way we work with data. Suppliers who adopt 3DEXPERIENCE to join in this journey are likely to notice reduced inefficiencies as well as a closer relationship with the OEM. The infographic below shows how.
It’s no secret that Jaguar Land Rover have been investing heavily in digitalisation, both as a means of creating better products and moving towards ‘destination zero’ sustainability goals. By deploying increasingly relevant digital tools, the OEM has made revolutionary changes to the product development cycle.
Suppliers – large or small – can benefit from these advances by following Jaguar Land Rover and adopting the 3DEXPERIENCE platform. In fact, early adopters among the Jaguar Land Rover supplier community are already calling this way of aligning with Jaguar Land Rover’s digital transformation strategy essential to avoid being left behind.
Suppliers wishing to work in closer digital proximity to Jaguar Land Rover engineers need not fear the complexities of adoption as a potential barrier – for businesses of any size, 3DEXPERIENCE allows three different levels of connectivity to suit supplier needs.
Level 1: CAD EXCHANGE – Basic authoring 3DXML based data exchange
- The way data is exchanged has a major impact on all work carried out based on that data. Exchanging data on 3DEXPERIENCE provides technical and collaborative efficiency gains in key areas. Change notifications ensure that all stakeholders are working on the latest release (preventing rework). Users can search and export data on demand and also hold real-time virtual design reviews.
Level 2: 3DEXPERIENCE CATIA V6 – Enhanced mechanical engineering toolset for synchronous design in context
- Design in context eliminates bottlenecks by allowing a range of collaborating experts to seamless contribute to a single product definition without time consuming data translation.
Level 3: Full 3DEXPERIENCE Platform – Best-in-class product life cycle management tools delivered on a unified business platform
- The 3DEXPERIENCE platform powers 3D design, analysis, simulation, manufacturing and intelligence software in a collaborative interactive environment. Digitally bringing key aspects of your business and product life cycle together focuses your best and brightest on a shared goal, and empowers them to work towards it with fewer mistakes and better teamwork than ever before.
The hard details – statistics you can improve by aligning with Jaguar Land Rover digitalisation
Data provided by Dassault Systèmes, from a Tech Clarity survey, suggests that a significant proportion of time for engineers is wasted by outdated information and poor communication. The infosheet below has the details, and the operational solution which suppliers are now deploying.
How could 3DEXPERIENCE improve your relationship with automotive OEMs ?
You have invited to a Majenta-run ‘Day in the Life’ session for a tailored walkthrough of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform’s digital engineering capability for working with Jaguar Land Rover. No matter how large or small your supplier organisation, aligning with OEM digital strategies and tools is a reliable way to improve your own operations and get sourced on more prestigious projects.
This session will cover:
- An overview of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
- How the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform enables easy integration and collaboration with Jaguar Land Rover.
- The benefits that the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform presents for your organisation, aside from your requirements with JLR.
- Any questions and reservations you may have.
Please note, these sessions are to help educate you and your team and there is zero obligation to purchase.
Register your interest using the form below and a member of the team will be in touch to arrange a session at a time that works for you.