PLM Collaboration Services (sometimes referred to as Power’d By), is a new way to connect, manage and use CATIA V5 and other CAD systems within Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
PLM Collaboration Services allows users of legacy CAD systems to continue to realise the investment already made, alongside the benefits of using 3DEXPERIENCE. This means that user practices, methodologies and productivity gains of using a particular CAD system can be preserved. The 3DEXPERIENCE PLM Social Collaboration connects the present to the future.
As a result of using Dassault Systèmes PLM Collaboration Services within 3DEXPERIENCE, all users of different technologies can be connected and work together using the same data.
In practice, PLM Collaboration Services enables true multi-CAD product structures within 3DEXPERIENCE and enables the use of Dassault Systèmes applications such as SIMULIA 3DEXPERIENCE or DELMIA 3DEXPERIENCE to use the native CAD data from any application that works with the PLM Social Collaboration Services.
New roles and capability are also introduced, these include the 3D Product Architect role and the 3D Reviewer role.
The 3D Product Architect role enables multi-CAD product structures to be previewed, modified and authored on any device. This capability is available both within a structure editor but also in a visual manner. The Key Values from using the 3D Product Architect Role include:
- Ease of Access – Access and Start Navigate Product Structures from any Device
- Unmatched Navigation Performances – Easily Navigate Digital Mock-ups of Large Designs
- Fast Access to Right Data – Quickly Filter Product Structures using Volume Query and Launch the CAD App with the Right Data
- Simple Multi-CAD Digital Mock-up Structure Editor – Edit Multi-CAD Structures Independently of Original CAD Application
- In Context 3D Visualisation & Positioning – Display Product Structures in 3D and Compose (3D Position Edition)
- Easily Design in (Multi-CAD) Context – Open 3DEXPERIENCE CATIA Product Data in CATIA V5 to Perform V5 “Design in Context”
- Holistic Access to CATIA Semantic – Gain deep insight on Functional &Tolerancing Annotation
The 3D Reviewer role enables users to perform Digital Mock-up reviews and capture and communicate the feedback within 3DEXPERIENCE. The Key Values derived from using the 3D Review Role include:
- A Web or Mobile solution for:
- Collaborating on Digital Mock-up reviews both 2D and 3D
- Communicating solutions clearly with redlining that explains concerns
- Browse and filter Functional Tolerances and Annotations (FTA)
CATIA V5 and SolidWorks are the first two CAD systems to be available within the 3DEXPERIENCE PLM Collaboration Services, these will be followed by Siemens PLM NX and PTC’s Creo in June 2018 and then AutoDesk’s Inventor, AutoCAD and Siemens PLM SolidEdge in February 2019. Other applications such as Altium Designer, Zuken and Cadence are planned to be incorporated from September 2018.
3DEXPERIENCE PLM Collaboration Services will help:
- Improve Productivity
- Foster Innovation
- Increase Agility
- Delight Customers
- Increase CAD Value
Productivity will be improved as a result of introducing more efficient ways to find, examine and reuse data, significantly reducing design time.
Collaborating more effectively will help to foster innovation which will result in better products.
Reducing complexities will increase business agility allow more opportunities to improve time to market.
Being able to validate products and experiences virtually will not only reduce the cost of physical prototypes, but it will also deliver experiences that will delight customers.
Using 3DEXPERIENCE PLM Social Collaboration Services enables existing CAD systems to be kept, this not only protects current investments but increases CAD value while enabling businesses to achieve sustainable growth.
For more information on how Majenta Solutions can support you, please use the contact details below and we’d be more than happy to help:
Dassault Systèmes Majenta Solutions Team
+44 (0) 2476 308 030
Dassault Systèmes Majenta Solutions Helpdesk
+44 (0) 2476 308 035