3DExperience Infrastructure Architect Consultant
Midlands, United Kingdom.
Technology Service Provider, supporting the Design, Engineering and Manufacturing Businesses with the provision of appropriate and relevant products, services and support. Main industries covered, but not limited to: Automotive, Aerospace, General Manufacturing and AEC (Architecture, Engineering and Construction).
About the role
We have a requirement for a number of Infrastructure Architect Consultants with experience of the Dassault Systèmes 3DExperience PLM platform. The roles will be based in the Midlands and will be working within a number of scrums supporting the deployment and maintenance of various builds of the 3DExperience Solution.
The primary responsibility is to support the existing build environments, maintaining their availability and managing the implementation of any point releases, while also developing a new agile based approach to build automation and management to ensure continuous delivery and iterative development while ensuring the end user experience is not compromised. This could include: Virtual Machine Creation and Distribution; 3DExperience environment installation/upgrade, configuration, and administration.
The applicant will work within a small build focused scrum that will maintain the existing environment while supporting the architecture leads delivering functionality against end user business requirements; as well as extending the end user capabilities of existing solutions. The applicant must be used to working as part of a responsive customer focused team, be well organised and be able to communicate the status of the environment development, outages and up-times to all stakeholders regularly. The project is managed in Agile sprint methodology.
- Working as a scrum member to design and create code to automate the build and deployment of software systems under development.
- Taking responsibility for the maintenance of build and deployment quality, as new systems and capabilities are incrementally deployed.
- Supporting the architecting and implementation of the automated Continuous Improvement /Continuous Delivery cloud-based environments.
- Automating the deployment and configuration of software onto cloud-hosted environments used for development and testing, performance testing, as well as production.
- Advising on best practice in cloud technologies within the PLM / manufacturing IT sector.
- Driving continuous improvement in cloud implementation and Continuous Improvement /Continuous Delivery automation.
- Other Responsibilities may include:
- Environment build and planning
- Application server monitoring
- Central IT liaison
- IT infrastructure Project support
- Licence configuration
- Security Vulnerability Support
- Non-Prod Infrastructure support
Experience and qualifications
- Experience of managing multiple build environments of the Dassault Systèmes 3DExperience solution.
- At least 3 years of work experience in the PLM IT field.
- Working knowledge of configuration and / or customisation of PLM environments including P&O setup and modification, creating dashboards and widgets, basic scripting.
- Experience of designing coded build and config scripts for a various platforms.
- Experience in modern object-oriented or script-based programming using relevant languages. E.g. : Java, C#.
- Experience of client side installation and trouble shooting.
- Must be able to demonstrate a team based approach to problem solving.
- Must be a good communicator.
- Proactive and enthusiastic in supporting the roll-out of new processes and tools.
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Ideally have experience of Agile Project Management.
Full-time role office based with training opportunities and career development offered. Competitive Salary.