DESIGNING THE CARS OF THE NEAR FUTURE WITH DASSAULT SYSTÈMES’ 3DEXPERIENCE.
INCREASED DESIGN ENGINEERING EFFICIENCY AND REDUCED BUSINESS COSTS THROUGH DIGITISATION.
Contechs, a specialist design and engineering services provider in the UK, works closely with OEMs and Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers in the automotive sector. The UK company has built up sector-leading experience in CAD and engineering services to deliver consistent, efficient services across the complete spectrum of vehicle program disciplines, from design concept ideation to product launch and post-launch support.
In order to thrive during the rapidly changing automotive industry, Contechs required agile design, visualisation and data collection capabilities. These would bridge the gap with its OEM and supplier clients as they diversify product lines and develop new technology for the cars of the future.
- Contechs’ complex relationship with the OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers it operates between.
- Collating design data from an array of sources and formats during design reviews.
- Carmakers developing internal combustion, electric and autonomous vehicles in unison.
The Majenta Solution:
- Recommendations on fully utilising 3DEXPERIENCE platform capability.
- 3DEXPERIENCE capable of time- compression in the design engineering phase, and improves relationships with suppliers and clients.
- Contechs realise significant business savings and increased engineering and design capacity.
- 3DEXPERIENCE breaks down silos and improves collaboration.
- Trust between all parties enhanced by platform data security.
Why did Contechs choose Majenta for 3DX:
- Majenta invested several weeks to understand Contechs’ business requirements.
- In-depth interviews with circa 35 Contechs’ engineers and key figures conducted by Majenta.
- Majenta applied ‘out of the box thinking’ and recommended alternatives to traditional 12-month software rental.
- Majenta tailored licence packages to give Contechs greater control over their move from CATIA V5 to 3DEXPERIENCE.
Why "Virtual is Vital" for automotive suppliers facing industry pressure.
Watch the case study preview.