This course addresses the needs of Mechanical Designers working on the cloud. It will first teach you how to design a new part with the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, insert the part in a product then position and constrain it. You will learn how to assign material properties and compute weight, then complete a simple drawing. Finally, you will learn how to create a new part version, replace the original part and update the product. More advanced topics will also be covered: they will teach you how to manage complex product structures, create product features, manage catalogues and analyze assemblies.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Create new products and parts
- Insert a part in a product and position it
- Apply materials to parts
- Calculate the weight of a product
- Insert and complete a drawing
- Create a new part version
- Replace a part and update a product
- Students attending this course should have completed the Gateway to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform course. They should also be familiar with CATIA V5 Mechanical Design.