This course will first teach you how to design simple Composites Parts using a Manual approach. You will then learn how to use a Zone-based approach to complete the preliminary design and then the detailed design. The course will also focus on how the Grid approach can be used for wing, fuselage or wind turbine blade design. You will also learn how to generate plies automatically, use the analysis tools and simulate fibre behaviour. Finally, you will learn how to generate exact solids and create composites drawings.
Topics covered include:
- Define Composites Parameters
- Design a Composite Part using the Manual Approach
- Design a Composite Part using the Classical and Solid Zone Approach
- Design a Composite Part using the Grid Approach
- Perform and inspect the Producibility Analysis
- Export and import the Ply Design Data
- Create a Ply Book
- Students attending this course should be familiar with Drafting and Windows OS.
- Composites Designers attending this course should have completed the Gateway to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform course and should be familiar with CATIA Drafting.