This course will teach you the basic concepts of Finite Element Analysis and the general analysis process. You will learn how to conduct a simple static analysis on a single part using finite elements, and how to produce the final report of the analysis results.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Predict why, when, and how to use Finite Element Analysis
- Use different element types and shapes to mesh a part
- Apply clamp, slider, and iso-static restraints
- Apply force, moment, and displacement loads
- Compute static analysis for a single part
- Visualise the images of the analysis results and produce the analysis reports
- Refine existing meshes to produce more accurate results
Students attending this course should be familiar with the fundamentals of CATIA V5.