This course will teach you how to create a sheet metal part using the standard wall, bend and stamping features. You will view how user features can be incorporated into a design and how you can make use of both standard and user-defined materials. Finally, you will learn how to create a flat pattern and produce a detailed, annotated drawing.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Relate to the terminology and the design process for creating a sheet metal part
- Define and manage the sheet metal part parameters
- Design walls, bends and flanges
- Add features such as cutouts, holes, corners and chamfers
- Create standard and user-defined stamped features
- Manage folded and unfolded views and export a finished flat pattern
Students attending this course should be familiar with CATIA V5 Fundamentals.