This course consists of several machining topics, including NC Infrastructure, Prismatic and Surface machining to Multi-Pocket and more advanced machining. We teach you how to generate high-quality NC programs for machining complex 3D parts and free-form shapes designed with surfaces and solids using advanced machining techniques. You will learn how to perform and increase productivity on a multitude of 2.5 to 5-Axis machining operations such as roughing, & semi-finishing, and Axial Machining. You will use various functionalities common across all the Milling Machining workbenches in CATIA. We will teach you the fundamentals of creating and simulating a Manufacturing Program.
This course provides a high-level understanding of Manufacturing in CATIA V5. Students create a Manufacturing Program and Simulate a Manufacturing Program, with the ability to Define, Analyse and Modify the Tool Path.
Topics covered include:
- Define a Multi-Axis Flank Contouring operation, Helix Machining operation and Cavities Roughing operation
- Identify and use the Multi-Axis Surface Machining tools
- Define various 2.5 – 5-Axis machining operations
- Create NC programs for machining structural prismatic multi-cavity parts such as aerospace structural parts
- Define Multi-Pockets Operations in Power Machining and Flank Contouring
- Identify and use the Manufacturing workbenches’ tools
- Manage Tools and Tool Catalogs
- Generate NC data using an integrated Post Processor
- Create shop floor documentation
- Manage design changes
- This course is aimed at Existing CATIA V5 users, NC Programmers, Manufacturing Engineers.
- Students attending this will be familiar with Mechanical Design concepts and experience of working with typical PC-based applications e.g. MS-Office and Windows OS, V5 Fundamentals.