This COBie course shows designers, contractors, owners, and consultants how to automatically verify and validate a COBie file. Learn to check COBie in spreadsheet and IFC formats. The course begins with the basis for COBie Quality Control and then helps PC and MAC users install and operate the free software used to test the software systems themselves.
There are two parts to the course. The first part delivers the foundational knowledge and essential concepts needed to use the COBie standard. Every COBie data field is covered in this part of the course.
The second part of the course provides you with the hands-on techniques you need to specify the delivery of COBie data, create that during design or construction using specific commercial software, and test to make sure that COBie data files meet NBIMS-US V3 and standard contract requirements.
Upon completion of this course you will have learnt how to test COBie data for design and construction compliance. You will also have learned how to customize that software to include client-specific requirements. Finally, you will test your knowledge with self-paced quizzes and a comprehensive, graded assignment.
- Understand the concept of quality in the design and construction industries
- Describe the importance of testable standards for information exchange
- Describe the required delivery of COBie during design
- Describe the required delivery of COBie during construction
- Prepare and interpret COBie Quality Control reports
- Identify key lessons learned in COBie Quality Control processes
- Install and operate free COBie QC software
- Customise COBie QC software to address specific client-based requirements