This CATIA Fundamentals course is the first course in the CATIA V5 curriculum and is the starting point for many CATIA V5 Learning Paths. After this course the student will be able to understand and use the many of the most commonly used CATIA V5 functions. The student will understand the interface and philosophy of CATIA V5, how to create geometry from sketch profiles and subsequently dress-up this geometry. There will be an overview of some advanced CATIA functions before building an assembly from existing components with the final session covering the creation and annotation of 2D Drawings.
This introductory-level course provides a high level understanding of the main productivity tools and workflows of CATIA V5.
Topics covered include:
- Understand and use the CATIA V5 interface
- Plan the construction of a part in order to convey its
visual and functional aspects
- Create simple parts in CATIA V5
- Construct an assembly using the parts
- Produce simple drawings and assembly layouts
- This course is aimed at Mechanical Designers with limited or no CATIA V5 experience.
- Students attending this course should be familiar with Mechanical Design and Windows OS.