Manufacturing tolerances have a significant impact on cost and quality. Tradeoffs can be made to ensure a proper fit while reducing cost, however calculating stack-ups manually is time-consuming and introduces the potential for errors. Inventor Tolerance Analysis has been designed as a new and smarter way to improve mechanical fit and design performance, helping Inventor users to make informed decisions when specifying manufacturing tolerances. As of the 5th of November 2018, Autodesk Inventor Tolerance Analysis is now included in the Product Design and Manufacturing Collection.
What are the benefits:
- Calculate the effects of geometric tolerances
- Calculate the worst case, RSS, and statistical results of the analysis. Metrics for statistical results can be reported as Cpk, Sigma, DPMO, or % Yield.
- Quickly identify the contribution of each part to the overall stack-up result
- Modify tolerance bounds from within the Tolerance Analysis® panel which is associative back to the model dimensions.
- Generate a detailed report with a visual representation of the dimension loop, comprehensive results, and top contributors.
Inventor Tolerance Analysis is supported on Inventor 2019.1 or later releases, to discover the latest release read our Inventor 2019.2 blog.