Supplier Integration Engagement Officer
Gaydon, United Kingdom.
Technology Service Provider, supporting the Design, Engineering and Manufacturing Businesses with the provision of appropriate and relevant products, services and support. Main industries covered, but not limited to Automotive, Aerospace, General Manufacturing and AEC (Architecture, Engineering and Construction).
The objectives of the Global Supplier Integration Engagement (GSI) team are:
- Engage the client to ensure suppliers are integrated into tools and processes.
- Educate the client of supplier correct working methods.
- Feedback client needs to GSI team.
- Be the face of the Supplier within the client.
The GSI Team acts as a single point of contact for the client community working within the product creation PLM environment.
We are dedicated to implementing consistent tools and processes across the client’s extended enterprise to ensure seamless client & supplier collaboration during the product creation process.
The Global Supplier Integration Team is involved in the following activities:
- Supplier on-boarding (to tools, processes & working methods).
- All aspects of supplier PLM integration.
- Supplier integration management.
- Global business expansion.
- Supplier Improvement.
This role is to be fully immersed with the client as a business ensuring suppliers are working in the correct tools.
Responsibilities Of The Role Include
- Working closely with suppliers and internal customers to maintain supplier information.
- Liaison with the client’s engineers to resolve process issues and escalate to programme management when required.
- Working closely with Vehicle Programme & CoC teams to ensure consistent deployment of processes.
- Generation and publication of reports & metrics.
- Continual process improvement.
- To help with specific supplier communications.
- To provide input into the development of the Supplier Community Portal
- Give front line help to suppliers in relation to the clients specific integration.
- Work closely with other areas of the client’s business, including: Purchasing, Engineering & Manufacturing.
- The organisation of supplier events and meetings.
- To manage occasional projects using a recognised project management process.
- Reporting of project status to various levels of management.
- Proactive identification and resolution of project issues.
- To extract, analyse and assess various supplier related data from unique data sources.
The successful candidate should possess the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is essential. Both face to face and telephone.
- Highly motivated and dynamic customer focused attitude.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and prioritise work accordingly.
- Experience of database data entry and analysis.
- A clear understanding of the need to lead and work within established processes.
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience of working with Microsoft Project would be beneficial.
- Experience of organising events / conferences would be beneficial.
- This position would suit someone who has worked within the automotive supply chain with project management experience and has a flare for organisation.
We offer full training and career development to individuals with the drive and commitment to go the extra mile. Successful candidates will have the ability to develop customer relationships, to understand their needs and translate into solutions that deliver real business benefits.
- Full Time Role
- Salary based on Experience
- Full Training and Career Development